Please Remove Youre Eye Makeup
Let us pretend you are defending your eyes,
when inquisition rains bring skies twinkl'n downwards
in the night; putting faces aside, burning peripheries that
I can only remember in visions of nights back when
derelict busses hummed along and silent bums cried.
Torches are lit and raised like ether to the greys of daunting
shadows, led on by a pipers piquant fog,
Shells hanging from your diamond eyes on cut-up chain-gang roads;
with echos and clicks,
with sirens that laugh.
lighting lashes in its cul-de sacs,
rocky and spine-like.
Through it all I have your eyes defended by mascara
under this canopy umbrella sky your fires open wider.
With that erotic mascara melting away
and beneath it I hear you sigh.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please Remove Youre Eye Makeup by jerome moore )
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost