Plent of Fish in the Sea
Fishing in a lake full of rainbow trout,
All that I can catch is the one and only catfish,
After throwing it back with different bait several times,
I devise a plan,
I shall vehemently murder it.
The blood spills across the deep blue lake,
Guts dispersed like clouds immersed in an apocalyptic sunrise,
Splashing the water,
the image won't disappear.
Worse than before.
My attempt to forget has failed.
Now, the murder has been branded inside my mind.
Forever, I will see the painful image.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Plent of Fish in the Sea by Steven Rowe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Vikram G. Aarella
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe