Emotions are hard to find.
They are always hiding.
Where can we find them?
Poetry, the words of emotions.
If it was not for poetry,
where would we be?
How could we express ourselves.
With the metaphors saving us.
With the emotions expressing our love.
There is no stopping poems.
To wittiness and comedy
To loss and sorry.
There is no stopping emotions in poetry.
So watch what you say in poems,
You emotions will show.
Where you least expect it.
....poems, words of emotion.
tabitha driskell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Poems by tabitha driskell )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- the lights are still up, Bull Hawking
- Unclassified, Kela LewisMorin
- Someone Else, Kela LewisMorin
- Fortunate, Kela LewisMorin
- Intangible Tangent, Kela LewisMorin
- A Night On The Tiles, Kela LewisMorin
- Home Alone, Kela LewisMorin
- nobody ever finds the one, Frank Avon
- when you get someone, Bull Hawking
- Ode to the Cereal Bowl: after Bukowski's.., Frank Avon