Poetry In Motion
Often when I travel by train,
I discover that my sleepy brain,
Very suddenly, comes alive
And jumps straight into overdrive.
All at once, it clicks into gear,
And mixes together many ideas.
Above my head, on comes a light,
And, suddenly, I have a new poem to write.
A poem may stem from a single word:
Something I’ve read or something I’ve heard.
I sometimes write about places I’ve been,
Emotions I’ve experienced or people I’ve seen.
To write a poem, I often don’t plan,
But, inside my head, a new idea lands.
Ideas for a poem are never-ending;
I have quite a few ideas still pending.
The rhythm of the train provides a good beat,
And, in my pad, I begin a new sheet.
Once I’ve completed the first few lines,
I know that my poem will work out fine.
I find that ideas are soon freely flowing,
And, on the page, my poem is growing.
I love to work with rhythm and rhyme;
Writing poetry, I spend quite some time.
I often write while I am on-the-go:
Motion, I find, helps the ideas flow.
Often by the time my journey is done,
I’ve written another poem – just for fun!
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry In Motion by Angela Wybrow )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Primary Colours, vince gullaci
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)