Polyacrostic Palimpsest - Manuscript
Madam, you theme are of each dream, none scorn
Sweet mistress of eternity the sum,
A bright star augurs hope for time to come,
New joy that none deny from Heaven's born.
Now the horn and now the drum greet dawn
In smiles, in life, in ardour welcome. Some
Can preach or can scold; jealousy's struck dumb.
Knight, king & khan a karmic oath have sworn,
Zambezi's crazy maze zones your badge worn,
Expressing need for heaven's aid. Who glum,
Dead was, from death-bed drawn, may hum.
My muse in rhyme here's summoned to adorn,
Answering prayer deep, heart loud and clear
Now may respond to praise a nature dear.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(2 January 1992 revised 8 September 2005)
Comments about this poem (Polyacrostic Palimpsest - Manuscript by Jonathan ROBIN )
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)