Portrait Of A Motor Car
IT'S a lean car ... a long-legged dog of a car ... a gray-ghost eagle car.
The feet of it eat the dirt of a road ... the wings of it eat the hills.
Danny the driver dreams of it when he sees women in red skirts and red sox in his sleep.
It is in Danny's life and runs in the blood of him ... a lean gray-ghost car.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Portrait Of A Motor Car by Carl Sandburg )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Always in hurry, hasmukh amathalal
- @ DOT COM, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Roswell, Michael Webb
- Period recalled, hasmukh amathalal
- The Wizard of Did!, David Lewis Paget
- I rember your words hung still in the air, Brian Kilpatrick
- Highku, Michael Webb
- Faul McCartney, Michael Webb
- Do Not Breed, Michael Webb
- Peter's Song, Robert Plese