Powers Lie In Us
Endowed with knowledge we
Acquire the power of a counselor.
Cultivating equanimity we
Develop power of a negotiator.
Creating wealth we learn to
Value labor of a tradesman.
Building weapons we foresee
The power of a protector.
Resting in endurance is the
Secret power of survival.
Honoring work we cherish
Cooperative power of building.
Imagination is the miraculous gift
Lies in there the power of a dreamer.
Loving each other we know
The responsibility of nurturing.
Love is the foundation to build
Upon all the positives above.
Savita Tyagi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Powers Lie In Us by Savita Tyagi )
Did you read them?
- Twilight Glow, Antonio Liao
- Halloween Riddle, Michelle Claus
- Not with me today, hasmukh amathalal
- Hobbesian Girl, John F. McCullagh
- Outlook, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Sinne, John Beaumont
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)