I stand, and Practise love.
Above a rotary ball, named earth
Sometimes it has a deadline, a cycle
begins with emotion, ends by hate!
I'm in prison of time, every moment,
a moment dies, a moment's born
How i keep the oath, in cycle of birth and death
I'm not the same person who had sworn!
Love, In this ball, is the Only thing free of time
an unknown poet composed:
Love is a sign of heaven
In its fading season, it should be restored.
A day I'll complete this course,
and escape from my quod
To land where there's no start or end
no fade or hate, only love, Between me and god.
Mehri Mehraban's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Practise love by Mehri Mehraban )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Raymond J Wright
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Poet, Hanh Chau
- Goodnight Kiss 2, Michael P. McParland
- The New Me, Joshua Hillard
- My Dreams, Joshua Hillard
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv
- A Tale of Two Handicapped Handyman, Tushar Ray
- Whispers Of Canal-Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- She Walks In Beauty, Luo Zhihai
- Is God both Interventionist and non-inte.., Merton Lee