Pray For Inmates Going To Court
May prayers are with the inmates today
In court at 10a.m. a decision will be made.
It will affect the rest of their life
Let us prayer it’s not one of strife.
Some were stuck in jail for they had no money to get out
they ended up pleading guilty because they had no clout.
Some had bad luck from the start
they had bad parents who froze their hearts.
Maybe they went into drugs to ease the pain
maybe their pain body took over so they needed to hurt again and again.
When will this chain of events ever end?
Look to other cultures that raise their young
they are treated like spiritual beings
when their life has just begun.
They grow up knowing who they are
they grow up being a shining star.
So treat each other with kindness today
it might be their last smile they see
before they are sent on their way.
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Pray For Inmates Going To Court by SQC Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Dear uncle, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Spirit of the Hearth, Lynn Anne Brown
- DANDELION, Lilly Emery
- The Moon In Her Eyes, Lilly Emery
- sometimes its difficoult to live in myself, cristobal Benjumea
- Beautiful Mistake, Noorjehan Khan
- A house divided, Doyen Lingua
- Just Be There, Ronell Warren Alman
- A COFFEE KETTLE FOR A CUP OF COFFEE غلاي.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Listen And Learn, Lilly Emery