Pray For Inmates Going To Court
May prayers are with the inmates today
In court at 10a.m. a decision will be made.
It will affect the rest of their life
Let us prayer it’s not one of strife.
Some were stuck in jail for they had no money to get out
they ended up pleading guilty because they had no clout.
Some had bad luck from the start
they had bad parents who froze their hearts.
Maybe they went into drugs to ease the pain
maybe their pain body took over so they needed to hurt again and again.
When will this chain of events ever end?
Look to other cultures that raise their young
they are treated like spiritual beings
when their life has just begun.
They grow up knowing who they are
they grow up being a shining star.
So treat each other with kindness today
it might be their last smile they see
before they are sent on their way.
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Pray For Inmates Going To Court by SQC Chevalier )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Plugs Nose, Mae AC.
- Which Do You Do?, Brian Taylor
- Youthful Fate, Michael P. McParland
- I Wish I Were, Michael P. McParland
- Blank Face, Mae AC.
- I Will Not Fight, Michael P. McParland
- I Truly Love you, Michael P. McParland
- Hand on Stomach, Mae AC.
- I Still Read.........For Sandra Feldman, Michael P. McParland
- Slouches, Mae AC.