I sit here with so many thoughts going thru my head
I just want to close my eyes and go to bed.
How many times have you felt the pressures taking its toll?
And you want something concrete that you can hold.
You daydream of the way you would like things to be
But you come back to the realities
You know that you must strive to achieve your goals
And not let anything stand in your way
But then you leave it for another day.
Procrastination is always there,
And with your thoughts the space it will share.
You say “leave it for tomorrow and a brand new day”
But tomorrow comes and it’s washed away.
These are the pressures that are taking its tolls
When you lose your control.
Don’t leave off for tomorrow what you can do today
With procrastination there’s a heavy price to pay
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Procrastination by louis rams )
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thoughts, nicholle gibson
- PH: Sin: The Wages Of Sin, Brian Johnston
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- America Radicalized, Is It Poetry
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)