Optician can you help me see
Beyond my nose, beyond the pain
Or is it not down to optometry?
If love is blind do i need a white cane
Physician will you reap what you suture
When fragmented hearts you repair
Or does it not bide with your surgical future
When emotional scars are still there.
Dentist can you extract the truth
From the lies that the world has told
Or maybe i'm too long in the tooth
To believe, when my rock was rolled.
So does it come down to psychology
Do we have to be cruel to be kind
Or maybe i'ii opt for aastrology
Where our destiny is defined.
Professional help will see us through
Counsellors know what we should do
In private they hold silent court
While we pay the price for the life we've bought.
And when the tears have all run dry
We'll take that drink to just get by
We'll sniff the coke or smoke the dope
A teddy bear to help us cope
But it will get us in the end
Professional help- make do and mend.
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Professional help. by Kevin East )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.35, Monk E. Biz
- for the man who keeps bees and brings th.., Mandolyn ...
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.34, Monk E. Biz
- Ba: CXII: 'loosening the 'Un', douglas scotney
- The Monster, Barbara Dixion
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)