Dr. Yogesh Sharma
PUPPY AND THE MAN
Underneath the wheel of Justice,
Lays crushed a puppy,
Good or bad, I can not say;
As who can judge a judge?
Alas! I do not feel the need to say:
Sorry for the departed soul,
Irrespective of its identity,
Whether the train burning butchers of Godhra?
Or poor Ram Bhaktas of ill fated Sabarmati.
But we are all puppy,
Destined to be crushed by,
The wheels of Time and Fate,
To cross the world,
On a chariot, booked by Destiny.
Bound by his unchangeable deliverance,
Being rotated with its wheels,
Blissful or distressing visage,
Placed under the eternal debt,
Only blessed by Him live to tell the tale.
Written by the Almighty,
Signifies nothing but unknown to all;
But vultures secular for the lust of power,
Brand the poor crushed puppy,
As the follower of faith of peace.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (PUPPY AND THE MAN by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Festival for unity(Republic -Day Celebra.., Aftab Alam
- Love Note 5, Michael P. McParland
- Attempts for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE GREAT UNKNOWN - Determined the world, sEaN nOrTh
- A Small Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Corrective body for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आं थाबायो सिगांजोँ, Ronjoy Brahma