I am a puzzle.
The unwanted Christmas gift,
But you smile anyways.
I am alone.
I am the gift nobody wanted.
I am the unopened puzzle
Wanting desperately for all my pieces to be put together.
I am the puzzle with cardboard feelings
And words with jagged edges
That will cut you like a blade
So bittersweet- -
I am the puzzle with missing pieces;
Thrown away by the ones who gave up on me.
I am the puzzle you can never complete.
No matter how much you stare at my box,
I was never whole.
I am the missing piece.
Unwanted and left behind.
Only to fall victim to the vacuum of society
That sucks the hope right out of my heart
And replaces it with thoughts of suicide
And doubts of self-worth.
I am a puzzle.
The one you store in the closet of your mind
Along with many of your other secrets.
I am the puzzle forgotten and torn;
The unwanted Christmas gift;
A lonely abyss of cardboard feelings.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puzzle by Hayleyy Dawn )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)