I am a puzzle.
The unwanted Christmas gift,
But you smile anyways.
I am alone.
I am the gift nobody wanted.
I am the unopened puzzle
Wanting desperately for all my pieces to be put together.
I am the puzzle with cardboard feelings
And words with jagged edges
That will cut you like a blade
So bittersweet- -
I am the puzzle with missing pieces;
Thrown away by the ones who gave up on me.
I am the puzzle you can never complete.
No matter how much you stare at my box,
I was never whole.
I am the missing piece.
Unwanted and left behind.
Only to fall victim to the vacuum of society
That sucks the hope right out of my heart
And replaces it with thoughts of suicide
And doubts of self-worth.
I am a puzzle.
The one you store in the closet of your mind
Along with many of your other secrets.
I am the puzzle forgotten and torn;
The unwanted Christmas gift;
A lonely abyss of cardboard feelings.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puzzle by Hayleyy Dawn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Expression Eruption: Confidence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra