I am a puzzle.
The unwanted Christmas gift,
But you smile anyways.
I am alone.
I am the gift nobody wanted.
I am the unopened puzzle
Wanting desperately for all my pieces to be put together.
I am the puzzle with cardboard feelings
And words with jagged edges
That will cut you like a blade
So bittersweet- -
I am the puzzle with missing pieces;
Thrown away by the ones who gave up on me.
I am the puzzle you can never complete.
No matter how much you stare at my box,
I was never whole.
I am the missing piece.
Unwanted and left behind.
Only to fall victim to the vacuum of society
That sucks the hope right out of my heart
And replaces it with thoughts of suicide
And doubts of self-worth.
I am a puzzle.
The one you store in the closet of your mind
Along with many of your other secrets.
I am the puzzle forgotten and torn;
The unwanted Christmas gift;
A lonely abyss of cardboard feelings.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puzzle by Hayleyy Dawn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Soul, John Ugolo Umah
- Are You There?, Michael McParland
- Another Year, Michael McParland
- Another Day, Michael McParland
- Another Christmas, Michael McParland
- Another, Michael McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael McParland
- I want to be a serial chiller with you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Upon A Star, Kewayne Wadley
- To my Gurudev...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL