I am a puzzle.
The unwanted Christmas gift,
But you smile anyways.
I am alone.
I am the gift nobody wanted.
I am the unopened puzzle
Wanting desperately for all my pieces to be put together.
I am the puzzle with cardboard feelings
And words with jagged edges
That will cut you like a blade
So bittersweet- -
I am the puzzle with missing pieces;
Thrown away by the ones who gave up on me.
I am the puzzle you can never complete.
No matter how much you stare at my box,
I was never whole.
I am the missing piece.
Unwanted and left behind.
Only to fall victim to the vacuum of society
That sucks the hope right out of my heart
And replaces it with thoughts of suicide
And doubts of self-worth.
I am a puzzle.
The one you store in the closet of your mind
Along with many of your other secrets.
I am the puzzle forgotten and torn;
The unwanted Christmas gift;
A lonely abyss of cardboard feelings.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puzzle by Hayleyy Dawn )
- At Least Live and Dream, Rohit Sapra
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- philosophy, lee fones
- Old Clock, Paul Gerard Reed
- Cuckold's Plea, Donal Mahoney
- Thrilling night, Sneha Celine
- Love Is Not A Feeling, Margaret Alice Second
- a symphony, Cee Bea
- one shouldn't, Neelapu Suresh
- Spring Wood, Knutsford: my place of play, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 February 1874 – 12 May 1925)