James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Quebec Death With Dignity Oct 21st,2012
Our biggest breach of justice was the Sue Rodriguez case,
When all normal Canadians got a pompous slap in the face,
Denied death with dignity; no matter what your cancer disease,
It might be a provincial issue if Pauline says 'Please.'
Pauline Marois, premier of Quebec, wants death with dignity,
But she has a minority government, so can't get finicky,
And we live in a land where less than half the people vote,
Where Charter of Rights and democracy may run on remote.
Pauline Marois is the only premier that can get their attention,
True enough, she might cause some federal-provincial tension,
But death with dignity should be part of all provincial health events,
And provincial politicians should not bow down and relent.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley