Queen of wisdom and real love
She was and is Queen of wise words, spoken so truthful and vibrant! Oh how the wail in my heart, sings in jubilation of her life! Maya Angelou as, so many have said she was 'Angelic'. Her compassion to share 'REAL LOVE WISDOM'.
I craved to be her student, but I was too late, I am so happy that we still have her teachings with us though.
Her life as an African American Woman.Her struggles as, we all have are understood by many, experienced by many.A dancer, A civil rights activist, An author, A poet.
I had just started a work of fantasy poems based on her adventures in her vastly loved life.It was of how Woman came from another Galaxy to help man flourish the earth, By reproducing Himself.I just started the work I wish I could have done it and done it well a lot sooner.
Her writings have so much truth about real love not 'mushy gushy' love, but, ' real truth I'm not holding back so you take it love '!
I am reading her life so, much lately, I can't believe this Phenom is gone.
but, I still am writing and learning more about her and other great poets.
I hope to learn from her messages and teachings the way to bring forth, messages as enlightened as, hers. I hope for her to rest in peace, and Thank You!
Cheryl Butler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Queen of wisdom and real love by Cheryl Butler )
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
- Scared to love you, leanne royle
- Pain, leanne royle
- Human, Foster Teegarden
- Frienship, bryan wallace
- Holi, Angela Wybrow
- A Special Bond, leanne royle
- Your Initiative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)