[It's All Coming Back ]
Mama knows best,
around, on my inside, nest.
I think, sitting, over by,
The water at Hudson's Bay.
how I got here today.
as the past,
in, the present day.
'I wasn't gonna be 'nuthin''.
'I was a hood rat! '.
I was too stupid!
most would say!
I would be writing poems today!
Most didn't think,
alive and jail free!
My history of, being, a little 'ruffin' you see'.
I love life,
and hard work won!
I think back to those years,
lots of tears for fears.
I was scared,
when it rained,
in it was
' the joy of pain'.
I look back on those years,
of when I was' weak'.
I look now,
back on those days,
a poetess with strength as I 'speak'.
Cheryl Butler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ([It's All Coming Back ] by Cheryl Butler )
- Thank You KP, Michael McParland
- Paranoia, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- This is the only story of life, Aftab Alam
- Writing, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Little Experience, Karen Verdello
- Lunch, Karen Verdello
- Within The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Beige Cage, Karen Verdello
- Tus sueños en tu vida, Elizabeth Garcia
- The House Next Door, Karen Verdello
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)