Beautiful but dark,
enlightened but fearful of what?
Secrets hiding out front
face drawn and gaunt
poor baby she would have made it
If she saw herself in love
That they hated
The one of special talents,
still looking for her door,
there's no more in time.
giving herself more
than what she kept
All In small doses gone,
are all the money and cars,
houses, nights in bars,
just hanging out
If she was ever really
The people she thought,
she knew are strangers,
not her friends.
She woke up to a dream's end.
Tragic how reality begins,
It set in that she was her friend
until the dream began.
The fantasy of that she mattered,
that people everywhere cared for her
but reality came glass shattered
bits and pieces blown everywhere,
She was left behind
with hundreds of years to spare.
Her eyes, deep in her eyes,
show how little,
the ones she loved cared,
Cheryl Butler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Welch by Cheryl Butler )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar