There’s an old temple on a dry place
A small stream flows through it
It has no priest & no god either
Has god abandoned it for worldly riches?
It’s a cold dark night
a huge star is up in the sky
It’s shimmering brightly in dark sky
Does it not feel scared of loneliness?
Traveling on unknown path
See darkness & darkness everywhere
Is the world in darkness?
Or am I in the darkness?
War, hatred and despair everywhere
Poverty & hunger killing everyone
Hatred, pride and ego is destroying humans
Have we forgotten to live?
Large dark clouds are hovering over me
It begins to pour like hell
Wonder is the earth crying?
Or am I crying?
Vijay Sherigar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Questions by Vijay Sherigar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Children of the Night, Maverick Jones
- PESSIMISM VERSUS OPTIMISM التشاؤم ضد الت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 7, john chizoba vincent
- The tin box, Sagarika Julka
- Strong Woman, Lilly Emery
- Am I doing fine?, Sagarika Julka
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 6, john chizoba vincent
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 5, john chizoba vincent