There’s an old temple on a dry place
A small stream flows through it
It has no priest & no god either
Has god abandoned it for worldly riches?
It’s a cold dark night
a huge star is up in the sky
It’s shimmering brightly in dark sky
Does it not feel scared of loneliness?
Traveling on unknown path
See darkness & darkness everywhere
Is the world in darkness?
Or am I in the darkness?
War, hatred and despair everywhere
Poverty & hunger killing everyone
Hatred, pride and ego is destroying humans
Have we forgotten to live?
Large dark clouds are hovering over me
It begins to pour like hell
Wonder is the earth crying?
Or am I crying?
Vijay Sherigar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Questions by Vijay Sherigar )
- Lisbon, Frank Avon
- Underground, Mark Webster
- Ophelia to Hamlet, David McLansky
- That All Our Beauty's Are The Same, Mark R. Elias
- Lust u me nu meneer, Madrason writer
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns