(Jackson County, Ky)
We liked to go there
dropp down beside its cascading waters
peer into its collected coolness
sidle up to the edge of its lap
thinking of taking a leap
Seemed like no one ever came ––
but we knew –– that others too
stole to this place
drawn to lean over its lip and flirt
with its rainbow’s end
Our hearts still meld
in the rainbow there
in Jackson County.
Poet Other Poems
- - - - Living in Bowling Green (Ghazal...
- - - - - In Awe of Blue
- - - - Yell - O! (Ghazal)
- - on the road, Kingfisher, weekend plan...
- - Each Day a Rising Sun (Sestina)
- - freshly fallen snow/frisch gefallener ...
- - Gentle Reminder / In Thoughtful Repose
- - harvest moon (Kukai section)
- - Leaves (thread)
- - Lonely Walk Home
- - longer days/new neighbor (haiku, senry...
- - The Sunshine of my Life (Etheree)
- - TODAY -
- - Until The Dreams (Etheree)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- Until The Dreams (Etheree) by Ben Gieske )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley