*****Raleigh 4: 50 a.m.
Today I sat
by a pool.
A vacation from the stresses
of the reality I face.
And a face
in my mind like a record,
but more than I wanted.
She is not mine
She will not be
she was mine
and I shall not have
that I ever needed...
shares her picture
I gaze like a voyeur
in a film
that I should not.
at this hour
for the first time
and the picture
that i somehow witness.
this is reality:
of a play
of a game
that I lost.
David DeSantis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*****Raleigh 4: 50 a.m. by David DeSantis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Success is Counted Sweetest, Emily Dickinson
- Refugee Blues, WH Auden
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Shippi, Edward Kofi Louis
- Occurrence, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mattter Out of Control, Panmelys
- [~s05e17~]Watch Pretty Little Liars Seas.., Renz Barns
- 100- - 1- - .00001, douglas scotney
- Venereal, Edward Kofi Louis
- Size XXL, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Interpretations Of Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Great Geometric Inflation, douglas scotney
- My Dream, RISHAD MKPNR