*****Raleigh 4: 50 a.m.
Today I sat
by a pool.
A vacation from the stresses
of the reality I face.
And a face
in my mind like a record,
but more than I wanted.
She is not mine
She will not be
she was mine
and I shall not have
that I ever needed...
shares her picture
I gaze like a voyeur
in a film
that I should not.
at this hour
for the first time
and the picture
that i somehow witness.
this is reality:
of a play
of a game
that I lost.
David DeSantis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*****Raleigh 4: 50 a.m. by David DeSantis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Carolyn Ford Witt
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
Poem of the Day
- Need To Know, Michael P. McParland
- Need, Michael P. McParland
- Where Did I go wrong, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
- The Constant Factor, Steve Kittell
- The Life Doesn't Stop for Me., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land Hazel Icefrost, Heather Burns
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land A Wedding, Heather Burns
- Somewhere In Fatasy Land Bracken Elfshi.., Heather Burns