*****Raleigh 4: 50 a.m.
Today I sat
by a pool.
A vacation from the stresses
of the reality I face.
And a face
in my mind like a record,
but more than I wanted.
She is not mine
She will not be
she was mine
and I shall not have
that I ever needed...
shares her picture
I gaze like a voyeur
in a film
that I should not.
at this hour
for the first time
and the picture
that i somehow witness.
this is reality:
of a play
of a game
that I lost.
David DeSantis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*****Raleigh 4: 50 a.m. by David DeSantis )
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
- I SLEEP FOR A FEW DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- I SLEEP FOR A DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Modern Indian English Poetess, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Soul, Richard Bretton
- A Single Sentence…, Doyen Lingua
- Enviable Death, Doyen Lingua
- Awake, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)