In midnight there is posterity.
After the sun sets,
crowning color to dark,
hope is renewed
and morning begins.
As morning will come
so will posterity.
In life there is posterity.
collections of dust
combining to smile while
contemplating to wish,
Surrounded by genomes,
In your eye there is posterity.
crushed by the weight of my words,
i once knew true beauty,
who fell so quickly,
In nature there is posterity.
wrapped around a canvas
of blue green persuasion,
driven by a maker
of one part oxygen
and two parts breath,
there is posterity
and know something so intimately
as I was after my first flower,
birth is posterity.
Over and over
and over again
Copyright (c) David DeSantis
David DeSantis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Posterity by David DeSantis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz