In midnight there is posterity.
After the sun sets,
crowning color to dark,
hope is renewed
and morning begins.
As morning will come
so will posterity.
In life there is posterity.
collections of dust
combining to smile while
contemplating to wish,
Surrounded by genomes,
In your eye there is posterity.
crushed by the weight of my words,
i once knew true beauty,
who fell so quickly,
In nature there is posterity.
wrapped around a canvas
of blue green persuasion,
driven by a maker
of one part oxygen
and two parts breath,
there is posterity
and know something so intimately
as I was after my first flower,
birth is posterity.
Over and over
and over again
Copyright (c) David DeSantis
David DeSantis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Posterity by David DeSantis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To you there's an amazing kind of grace .., Gert Strydom
- wailay da peer, maqsood hasni
- wand da chanun, maqsood hasni
- This Is What You Do To Men, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Sennacherib, Gert Strydom
- waqt kaisa inqlaab laya hai, maqsood hasni