The whole year seems
the rutting season for the Indians
in all the parts and States of India.
The Governments failed to channelize
the energy of the youths
for the progress of the country.
The dropouts from the schools
are roaming free untrained
and unutilized in a trade.
The role-models for them are the
scoundrels and strumpets in the streets.
When the Parlimentarians roar
and create a ruckus for the gruesome rape
of a medical student by some criminals
in a running bus at the heart of Delhi,
the rapists do similar acts
almost in all the States on the roads;
thanks to the Power Cut which helps a lot.
Some are exposed by the media
and some go unnoticed and concealed.
The women who lost their worth let out
their pent-up emotions by spitting at the police.
Our boys who relish the scenes in national epics
are enticed to do real practice in life,
without wasting time before the ‘Nets'.
In one epic, there are attempts to rape
and in the other five heroes
live with the single heroine taking turns.
Our caste-ridden society is the boon of the Vedhas.
The epics inspire the youths and the rogues
to molest the girls with unbridled waves of lust.
Teach the immortal epics unread in mother-tongues
to instil the thoughts of charity and chastity
in the minds of young, shelving the immoral epics.
Sing the hymns to gods in mother tongues,
so the youths can understand moral preachings.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rape Country by rajendran muthiah )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Seizoenen kwijt, Madrason writer
- Mighty Ocean, Zoila T. Flores
- Words left unsaid, Yisel Chong
- Poetical Journey Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Openly kicked, hasmukh amathalal
- No plight, hasmukh amathalal
- A language has its, gajanan mishra
- What'z a Curmudgeon?, douglas scotney
- Hiding under speechless thoughts, Yisel Chong
- Matthias Pantaleon III, Matthias Pantaleon