Lawrence S. Pertillar
Regardless Of The Obstacles To Overcome
It is not unusual to hear from those,
Climbing up from out of crevices...
Or from behind cemented walls,
To volunteer unsolicited comments...
About someone who has offended their insecurities.
Or doubted beliefs kept held but seeking validation.
Only to have it exposed in debate or heated argument,
A choice they have chosen to waste their valuable time...
In the midst of someone else's business.
With a making of attempts to define what's going on,
In that person's mind...
Only to give others an opportunity to discover,
Who does 'what' with a doing to move forward with a purpose...
Regardless of the obstacles to overcome and to be faced.
And 'who' it is that implements the opposition,
With a wish to disgrace one's credibility or perceived influence.
And there to get the attention to make that known,
With a voice increasingly speaking and loudly heard...
To rise above others who have not adopted to adapt or accept,
The popularity of hypocrisy.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Regardless Of The Obstacles To Overcome by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
- Later Tonight, Michael McParland
- summer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Down by the river., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)