Out through the fields and the woods And over the walls I have wended; I have climbed the hills of view And looked at the world, and descended; I have come by the highway home, And lo, it is ended. The leaves are all dead on the ground, Save those that the oak is keeping To ravel them one by one And let them go scraping and creeping Out over the crusted snow, When others are sleeping. And the dead leaves lie huddled and still, No longer blown hither and thither; The last long aster is gone; The flowers of the witch-hazel wither; The heart is still aching to seek, But the feel question 'Whither? ' Ah, when to the heart of man Was it ever less than a treason To go with the drift of things, To yield with a grace to reason, And bow and accept the end Of a love or a season?
Robert Frost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reluctance by Robert Frost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Amazing Day, Ronald Chapman
- Mr & Mrs toad 30 sec ditty, lee fones
- A bold voice sings..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- 시 벚꽃, Ronald Chapman
- rattled 'n saddled, Mandolyn ...
- Cherry Blossom Time (Korea Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Sounds of Silence, Anita Sehgal
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum
- 내 한국의 많은 꿈 중 하나 (지역) 꿈, Ronald Chapman
- Titanic - My Love, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain