cheryl davis miller
Madame for the outcome of Benghazi
you ' take responsibility.'
I wish you would take the time to explain
what those words really mean to me.
Does it mean you failed to answer the calls
sent often from that far off place?
Then stood by and sent another to lie
for the President to save face?
What promise did you receive for your part
in that horrible act of shame?
How do you gaze in the mirror without
ever feeling this deep disdain;
of the many people who feel you failed
the office we trusted you to?
We shall always remember Benghazi
every time that we think of you.
We all come to the end of life Madame
to stand before God Almighty.
I pray you'll have reconciled with Him then
and repented for Benghazi.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Responsibility by cheryl davis miller )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Bright Glow, Joyce Hemsley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Very Short Song, Dorothy Parker
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)