Revenge and Spite
Ladies and gentlemen, if I may,
Please don’t turn your eyes away,
For here they are- the never contrite,
The irreverent team of Revenge and Spite.
Now I know what you’re thinking—How long has it been
Since dear old Revenge and Spite have been seen?
After all, aren’t they usually tucked away deep within,
Working hard to destroy someone’s life and dream.
Well ladies and gentlemen, you’ll be happy to know,
That the producers who booked them for our show,
Were able to get Revenge and Spite not just to appear,
But to bring with them their old partners Panic and Fear.
Many of you may already know that it was really Panic and Fear,
Who first helped Revenge and Spite branch out into their lifelong career.
But what many of you may not know is that it was Ignorance and Hate,
That allowed Panic and Fear and Revenge and Spite to really be great!
And so today for your viewing pleasure these Four Giants of Industry,
will pay tribute to Ignorance and Hate, the real powerhouses of History!
(C) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Revenge and Spite by Elena Plotkin )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- Nature in tact, hasmukh amathalal
- Daytime tropic, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrant Liberation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fear of the society, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- from..., Morgan Michaels
- Ebony Sadness Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comes only once, hasmukh amathalal
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Of This Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Is Scrapbooking, Dexsta Ray