Once again solace will host the county fair.
I arrive to find my mother and father are there.
It is evening. The lights anticipate
The darkness yet to come.
We are a family of four among
The crowd 'LADIES AND GENTLEMEN LET
ME HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE'
While neither, I let my eyes target
The source of the amplified voice. at the instant
I spot the large yellow horn tilted downward
From its lofty mounting half-way
Up a utility pole,
This night of intended entertainment spawns
In its prelude of dusk...my initial
Sighting of an unexplainable love.
The fair and its carnival forevermore
My private festival of trumpet loudspeakers!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Revisitation by johnny case )
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR