James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
REWRITE TRUDEAU'S CHARTER... JAN 12TH,2013
REWRITE TRUDEAU'S CHARTER … JAN 12TH,2013
No propositions, binding referendums or judicial reviews,
And our Ottawa politicians are busy having a snooze,
Death-with-dignity is forbidden but not abortion clinics,
No doubt we have a high proportion of political cynics.
They told Sue Rodriguez where she could go, when she asked to die,
They looked down from above and didn't even bother to ask why,
And we have been locked in that no death-with-dignity decision,
Those who are dying in great pain can watch television.
We definitely need another big constitutional debate,
Rewrite the Charter and this time get it right and get it straight,
Set-date elections and death-with-dignity issues up front,
Despite that some activists would look at this as an affront.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley