Rich girl Poor boy
a dove above a armadillo below but if they fall in love where would they go?
where if we belong to very different environment? you so lovely and i so ugly.
my dove you that seem like i could never reach you. then you swoop down to just see me.
you that is so vulnerable that could get shot down from the skies you fly. why fall for me? a rugged armadillo.
with a hard shell so no one could hurt me. why do you sell me your life stories! ! ! about how flying is so wonderful and dwelling here on the ground is so boring? i see you pass by while you fly in the sky and wonder when you will join me right by my side. but you only break my heart because you seem so close but i know you are so far and i hate living my life apart. you are cover in splendor while i have nothing that is tender. you come in and out of my reality and when your with me even if its for one second i am so happy. but then you tell me you have to leave. and i would give anything so that wouldn't be. i have to endure to see you spread your wings and make our love just another fling.
Raymond Valadez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rich girl Poor boy by Raymond Valadez )
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)