RIGHT TO DIE... OCT 2ND,2013
I feel I should have a right to die when and where I want,
And disobey orders from the establishment commandant,
It doesn’t matter to me whether I go to heaven or hell,
What happens in this world is more important as you can tell.
God forbid, I should suffer from an incurable condition,
Some intolerably painful unfavorable position,
Where the doctors’ hands are tied because of our stupid ancient laws,
And I might like to die quickly and painlessly during a pause.
I hear diazepam or chloroquine could let me die on time,
But we can’t buy that stuff because right now it could be a crime,
So we need to change the rules about assisted suicide,
If we could do that, we could turn dying into an easy ride.
OCT 2ND 2013
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (RIGHT TO DIE... OCT 2ND,2013 by James Bredin )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov