'I see you always roll your own.'
'Yes, he said 'gives me something to do with my hands and my tongue.'
Thats nice, she said like a man that keeps his tongue steady, keeps him from talking too much.'
'Really. he said
'Really.' she said
'Aren't you going to ask me what I like too'
'Yeah sure. he said I like a woman what snaps her bra before the corner pool shot, eyes like liquid dark pools in the night; what has happy thoughts which show; somebody like you.'
'What else you got with that silver tonge of yours, ' she said 'something that a person like my self might like? '
'Well, ' he said smiling' people tell me that I kiss good and never tell.'
'I like that in a man.' she said.
'What else you like, ' he said liking his lips, slowly.
'I like a man that smells like cattle and gasoline and barn hay.'she said.
Weird I know. Must be something from my child hood.'
'I wonder, ' he said 'if I qualify. That sounds like me.'
She snapped her bra. moved over lowered her head and took a smell of him. Then she looked up and smiled at his face.
'Yep, that's it all three.' she said.
'Now that you had your sniff can I have mine? ' he said.
'What are you looking for? ' she said
He grinned a big grin, put his nose close to her neck and said
'Me? I am looking for something that smells like home.'
'I'll give you this she said 'you got yourself a silver tongue.'
'Thats what they say, ' he said 'and right now it sure wants to talk to you.'
'Cowboy, ' she continued 'you's talking real romantic and you know I don't even care if you mean it. I like the sound. Girls really deep down like to be romanced.
With that she snapped her bra and he took out another cigarette to roll.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roll'em by Lonnie Hicks )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Tumhe main Peyar Nehi de, Kumar Vishwas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov