Romance With Democracy - 3
The freedom fighters cherished Romance
With the concept of liberty and independence
Compelled the Brits to liberate India,
We attained freedom in our own myopia.
Political freedom was the romantic dose
The new found notion was too much close
To our aspirations, dreams for future
That laid foundation for incoming disasters.
The rights bestowed by democratic polity
Greedily we usurped forgetting the duties
Imposed by it on subjects as the sacrilege
We only wanted to derive its full previlage.
Romance of Politician-criminal in nexusits bloom
Endangered democracy, polity of our dreams.
Ratnakar Mandlik's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Romance With Democracy - 3 by Ratnakar Mandlik )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Human Love, Gabrielle Spurlock
- Bless Mother Earth, Christina Sunrise
- Once It Was All Young And Innocent And J.., Shalom Freedman
- Stinking hero, Nassy Fesharaki
- Study, Clare Walsh
- Have patience like the earth, gajanan mishra
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler