Sad Saga Of NASA
so you sent off some rockets-
to the moon, no less-
starting in 69,
an auspicious sign
for tao watchers
and any others
with a sense of history.
there was poetry
in those encounters.
so what happened?
you scooped up a few stones
and left. you haven't been back since.
nasa* what's your reason
for not spending
one scientific season
on that orb
we poets time stars by
and watch blue horsemen pass
white sparkling splashing satin?
*National Aeronautics and Space Administration, USA
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sad Saga Of NASA by doug bentley )
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar