Dear! of all happy in the hour, most blest
He who has found our hid security,
Assured in the dark tides of the world that rest,
And heard our word, 'Who is so safe as we?'
We have found safety with all things undying,
The winds, and morning, tears of men and mirth,
The deep night, and birds singing, and clouds flying,
And sleep, and freedom, and the autumnal earth.
We have built a house that is not for Time's throwing.
We have gained a peace unshaken by pain for ever.
War knows no power. Safe shall be my going,
Secretly armed against all death's endeavour;
Safe though all safety's lost; safe where men fall;
And if these poor limbs die, safest of all.
Rupert Brooke's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Safety by Rupert Brooke )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Moon, Henry David Thoreau
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- खुदा मांग ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- ओ घघरी, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- nine times i tried to pinch his wink, Mandolyn ...
- आओ के सूरज को कैद करे, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- शब्दों से अब बात न बनती, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Motherhouse, Leslie Philibert
- Self Reflecting, Marissa Wheeler
- तु ही तु अज़िज है, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- वो मै ही तो हूँ, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- वो मन की राणी, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar