Is It Poetry
Scary Man In The Door Way
I have stuck to what I saw and felt that night
blocking out the light
it was more than huge,
and the size of it it matters when your scared.
A little girl in bed alone was me
to see the tall wide tree
growing right through him
I can see his face
and feeling numb I was the first.
I could hear him breath
his breath was cold and warm
I know it was
he pulled my lips apart.
This was more unlike that time
dead on top of me
his eyes bored into mine.
even there my flesh began
I could hear the great long saw
going back and forth
in and out the wood
his head was dark and strong
the room as it arose
the bottom of my heart
Black pants, black shirt
my white bed to this dark man
hidden in the shadows
He is much to tall.
He took up the length of my small bed.
As he smiled and looked at me
looking at his head.
I held my breath
leaning over me he put his finger
to my lips
he then said to me ''Ssshhhh''
and just like you this is how life started.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scary Man In The Door Way by Is It Poetry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The bridle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- There Are Those, Lyn Paul
- Sympathy, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Wow, Electric Lady
- Ghazal 2, Yasmeen Khan
- Friends No More, Kelly Shanks
- Shine goes, hasmukh amathalal
- Is the lady a tramp?, Israh Sadan
- Late night, Leong Ming Loong
- If Minds Were As Brooks, Richard Blay