It's too loud.
But there is no sound.
Emptiness creeps up from the ground.
The space is screaming.
The walls are bleeding.
My lungs burn to keep on breathing.
The room is shrinking.
My soul thrives to stop thinking.
My ears plead just to stop ringing.
But it's too loud.
There's nothing around.
Emptiness is the loudest sound.
Jessie Jett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Screaming Silence by Jessie Jett )
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar