Sea Glass Dreams
My head was clear,
No dreams, so far I’d fear.
But last night I dreamed a dream,
So vivid-so it seemed.
It felt so real,
Was an ordeal,
But I awoke with sweat,
A dream I could not forget.
Etched in my mind,
Like the etchings on sea glass you find,
Tumbling round and round,
In my mind, like a merry-go-round.
When I was manic,
I would panic,
Staying up too late,
Then forgetting the date.
Now I sleep so deep,
Sweet dreams to reap.
Of sea glass dreams,
That came in streams,
Oh what a foregleam,
Of what it is to dream!
Danette Frenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sea Glass Dreams by Danette Frenz )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Real happiness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Bird eat Bird, Kim Barney
- In The Speech of Barack I Can Read Ameri.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Passport And Pen In Pocket, Susan Lacovara
- There is no other way, Aftab Alam
- Well Bugger Me!, Stanley Collymore
- Gravestone Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Casted Caught And Casted, Susan Lacovara
- Quiet White, Susan Lacovara
- A Synthetic Poet in the Webs., Norman Jin Shyr Wang