Hello to you, you second beat
That aches in my poor heart
Oh how it’s been so long ago
Before you and I did part.
At first I did not notice
Your beat so faint to feel
As if a ghost, mirage or dream
I thought you were not real.
Yet here you came so suddenly
You caught me way off guard
Like lightning striking in my chest
You’ve made my life so hard.
And now you’re here so bothering
All because of some guy
Yet would you mind and stay for good
I don’t want to say goodbye.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Second Beat by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II