Hello to you, you second beat
That aches in my poor heart
Oh how it’s been so long ago
Before you and I did part.
At first I did not notice
Your beat so faint to feel
As if a ghost, mirage or dream
I thought you were not real.
Yet here you came so suddenly
You caught me way off guard
Like lightning striking in my chest
You’ve made my life so hard.
And now you’re here so bothering
All because of some guy
Yet would you mind and stay for good
I don’t want to say goodbye.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Second Beat by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Ramdan, My Repentance, Ahamad Ilyaas Vilayathullah
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid