See What They've Done
Can you imagine what they've done?
Can you see the impacts of their acts?
We told them but they refused
They were completely adamant
They removed God from schools
And spared the rods
The children were spoilt
They made the children 'free'
Free to disobey the parents
Free to arrest and sue the parents
They are even free to carry guns
Indeed they are now carrying guns
Into the schools in place of Holy Books
The hale of their gun shots
Cuts down the innocents
The blast of their grenade
Kills and maim on the streets,
Cinemas, race courses, parks
Now we are asking what is wrong
Well, freedom is not always freedom
The 'liberty' to deny God in schools
Has manisted violence on the streets,
Home, polities, campuses and all over
Now see what you've done
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (See What They've Done by Babatunde Aremu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...
- Lee F. Majors, Richard Thripp
- All Dogs Go 2 Heaven, Richard Flappa