She Spread Her Gift Of Happiness
In Lusher park I met a young woman in her early twenties maybe
The sun was in her golden hair she said good day to me
A happy smile lit up her face and warmth in her friendly hi
And all around the sunlit park she spread her gift of joy.
A woman happy in herself and of care she did seem free
The brighter and happier side of life her type can only see
A woman with a cheery smile and warmth in her hello
She will spread her gift of happiness where ever she will go.
The lories and rosellas chirped on the trees and white backed magpie sung
And there was warmth in the breeze and the day was fresh and young
As she walked on down the pathway the one with the inner glow
And the brightness that is in her soul in her body language show.
I was feeling in a neutral mood not happy or not sad
Not feeling sorry for myself or angry with the World my life is not so bad
Till a young woman with a cheerful smile greeted me with a good day
And she spread her gift of happiness as she walked upon her way.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Spread Her Gift Of Happiness by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar