The tall silhouette of sodium light pole shivered incessantly,
When fed with Herculean amounts of white electricity.
Golden sands of the scorched desert shivered in submission,
As tumultuous currents of nocturnal breeze; swept past them at midnight.
Soggy patches of unadulterated clay shivered with nostalgia,
An aftermath of being submerged in icy rain water; after months of blistering heat.
Phlegmatic territories of green river water shivered in ecstasy,
As they bore the brunt of rosewood boats; traversing tantalizingly through their surface.
Naked parchment of white ivory paper shivered in agony,
After invading its harmony with a plethora of blemishes; leaking from the fountain pen.
Pale Grey tarmac of the road shivered in incorrigible agony,
As onerous tyre treads of steel; trespassed them unrelentingly.
Glossily striped skin of the venomous reptile shivered in cupid ebullience,
The moment it saw the succulent body of fleet footed rabbit.
Undulating demeanor of the mystical mountain shivered in bewilderment,
As it was camouflaged in entirety by crispy bedsheets of brilliant snow.
The sacrosanct body of cow shivered with philanthropic gratitude,
As it was adeptly divested of large Jerry cans of milk.
And infinite arenas of my flesh shivered with a volley of squalid goose-bumps,
Which didn't disappear for decades immemorial,
Embossing my tangible heart with uncouth scars of shattered romance,
My eyes flooding with an ocean of tears at her slightest mention;
Several years after the creator took her prematurely away from my life.
Nikhil Parekh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (shivers by Nikhil Parekh )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If you really don't want me in your life., Beautiful Lie
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- I love boobs, Randy Johnson
Poem of the Day
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren
- Roses Red, Coral, Blue, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- A Night Thought, Luo Zhihai
- B day, hasmukh amathalal
- Nothing worth to be Found Right, Meriam Joseph