Shoe Relief....... [Shoe Misery; Humor; Good Foot Etiquette]
You’ve heard before “My shoes are killing me! ” and “Boy my feet are sore”,
but have you ever thought of what it’s like,...... for the SHOES which pound the floor?
“Dang! ” said the right shoe when the kid kicked a sharp rock in a fit,
and “Yuck! ” said the left shoe when the jogger slipped on shit.
“Good grief” cried out the pair of shoes when the dirty feet began to sweat.
And, at mile 42 of a 50-mile hike, the hiking shoes said “Aren’t we there YET? ”
Yes, your shoes take a beating from you; at times they endure a horrid smell.
If shoes could really speak, they might say “You put us through Shoe Hell! ”
So humans, wash your feet AND socks, and watch out where you step.
If you have respect for shoes, and give them relief,.... then they will have more pep.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Shoe Relief....... [Shoe Misery; Humor; Good Foot Etiquette] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Valley of darkness, jafta maduna
- Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Casablanca, Naveed Khalid
- Under Their Feet, Elias Uddin
- Inspiration, Naveed Khalid
- Fumbling for Words, Sumita Jetley
- Five Liner. Drab Existence, Valsa George
- Spiritual Musings, Margaret Alice Second
- Moonboot Came Off, Margaret Alice Second
- Five Liner. Remorse, Valsa George