Silence in Death
the harsh sound of silence escapes me.
that's because i can't remember what i'm supossed to say.
you stare at me with empty eyes.
Though no words come out,
i hear you mind.
Your mind is a soundproof room.
It doesn't hear what i say,
but i heat every thought that comes out of it.
You cannot hide from me.
Your secrets belong to me, just as your life belongs to you.
People will try to take your life.
Its easy for them
but can you stop yourself from taking it yourself?
these are the things that matter most.
Tis is what you have to look out for.
Your spirit will never rest until it dies with you.
Some say your spirit is always kept alive.
But you spirit is poisoned.
Ithas no chance in surviving after youre already dead and gone.
Your heart has already died.
(written on 6/16/07)
Maura Hunt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silence in Death by Maura Hunt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE فوق صخرة ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Today I Watched A fly, Kyle Schlicher
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak