Silence is golden?
Again hurt by words
Stupid words… that didn’t make sense
Maybe I should’ve thought: whatever, I don’t care
But I couldn’t because in fact it did hurt me like hell
Those words broke my heart
Why do people which I care about and love say such things?
Saying things without thinking first?
If only they knew the truth about me….
I know they would keep their mouth shut then
At least I know now how they really feel about it
But why was I again such a hypocrite for laughing along
and not saying anything?
Should I be silent?
Silence is golden… some say…
But against what price?
Melissa Koeman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silence is golden? by Melissa Koeman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The best I could do, Somanathan Iyer
- A Confidence Born Of Grace, John deVries