Silence is golden?
Again hurt by words
Stupid words… that didn’t make sense
Maybe I should’ve thought: whatever, I don’t care
But I couldn’t because in fact it did hurt me like hell
Those words broke my heart
Why do people which I care about and love say such things?
Saying things without thinking first?
If only they knew the truth about me….
I know they would keep their mouth shut then
At least I know now how they really feel about it
But why was I again such a hypocrite for laughing along
and not saying anything?
Should I be silent?
Silence is golden… some say…
But against what price?
Melissa Koeman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silence is golden? by Melissa Koeman )
- ये कैसा शहर है, Aftab Alam
- कुछ कह नहीं पाता, Aftab Alam
- Jadavpur University Campus A Heaven For .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friends and foes, gajanan mishra
- Out There, Fatima Nusairat
- Immortal world, gajanan mishra
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)