Silence is golden?
Again hurt by words
Stupid words… that didn’t make sense
Maybe I should’ve thought: whatever, I don’t care
But I couldn’t because in fact it did hurt me like hell
Those words broke my heart
Why do people which I care about and love say such things?
Saying things without thinking first?
If only they knew the truth about me….
I know they would keep their mouth shut then
At least I know now how they really feel about it
But why was I again such a hypocrite for laughing along
and not saying anything?
Should I be silent?
Silence is golden… some say…
But against what price?
Melissa Koeman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silence is golden? by Melissa Koeman )
- PH: Sin: The Wages Of Sin, Brian Johnston
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- America Radicalized, Is It Poetry
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)