DEEP DARK SOUL POET
Silences to me softly talk...
The silence comes within me, tall,
When with darkness I again fall,
A shadow creeping softly stays,
And shows its vision in many ways.
Everything my brain still knows,
Step by step into silence it goes;
Dreams and feelings down it break's,
Away my visions all it takes.
When I am alone and streets I walk,
Silences to me softly talk,
About the heart that was here before,
But is now gone for ever more.
A lonesome soul just only knows,
The restless silence that never goes;
Sharp and shining like a razor blade,
A forgotten love song now too late.
That echoed once from heart to heart,
With promises to never depart;
But now lies resting on its own,
Like silences that are still quietly alone.
DEEP DARK SOUL POET's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silences to me softly talk... by DEEP DARK SOUL POET )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak