Simple things of life, mystify me;
the coming of fruit on a barren tree.
The brilliant stars that shine at night,
suspended in air; a gift of Gods might.
How butterflys know, what path to take;
birds fly South with no mistake.
Brooks and streams, smart, they flow;
rivers to oceans - high tide and low.
Oh, the wonders of this beautifull place,
moving in motion, by God given Grace.
The snow and the rain, blessing the earth;
giving life to each creature, begining its birth.
Oh the simple things of life, one can see;
'Cause the spirit of Love dwells in thee!
Keith Foley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Simple Things by Keith Foley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(18 November 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Happy Birthday stranger, ice johnson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
Poem of the Day
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon