Sitting at the Cemetery
I sat alone at the cemetery on a bright sunny day
Listening to the song birds sing aloud and at play
The sun shone brightly in a clear blue sky
And thinking of my love a tear I did cry.
The headstones stood fast and true
With flowers, pink, yellow, erect and new.
And people carrying fresh flowers for their loved one
Whether that be mother, father, daughter or son.
They came but on this bright clear day
Their love and respect they wanted to display
For love, like hope, springs eternal and new
And their only chance to say, ‘I love you’.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sitting at the Cemetery by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Road, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Love is really bliss, gajanan mishra
- Winter Song, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Words, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- A Song Of Earth, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- A COMPARISON BETWEEN BAD PEOPLE AND GOOD.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Henry eighth, lee fones
- Out of Jouissance II, Ali Ashjaee
- Out of Jouissance I, Ali Ashjaee
- An Ode to Madness, Ali Ashjaee