its where I'm destined to go
beneath the fallen branches
and clogged gutters
Like falling into a hole and having the ladder pulled,
where straw men line the streets and alleys
there are plenty of places to sit on
I don't need absolute Freedom
but I will take a stipple of freedoms.
I don't need fancy things because I know
who profits from fancy things.
I know what total Freedom brings, out in a man,
turning him into a bottle rocket.
The fire is warm but soon he will combust and climb then clamor just far enough
to see all the pretty lights,
then explode into my little finger fragments of freedoms to be carried with the wind
and vanish in the night.
Skid row one long track where once a match was lit.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skid Row! by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I give up, August Wane
- Oh God If We Must, mary douglas
- chemical shed, lee fones
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway