Slavery is the biggest, the worst crime ever committed against humanity,
Slavery is where human Beings, Sons and Daughters of the Almighty,
Are mistreated in the worst unimaginable way by a system, ordinarily
By an oligarchy, which is very powerful, and who wears a light pigmentation.
Slavery gave birth to cruelty, racism, rape, greed and exploitation.
It is the most nefarious crime ever committed. Humiliation,
Punishment, lynching, even murders are the main ingredients;
Let’s abolish this foolishness; let’s stop this insidious slew of ignorance.
Mankind deserves better; human beings are worth more than that.
Shame on the ignorant geniuses who thought that the universe was flat.
Slavery is a disease, racism is a disease, and discrimination is a bad abscess.
We are all equally love by God; we are wildly loved by the divine Being.
Slavery is repulsive; slavery is a mortal sin. Let’s all rise up to ring
The bells of Equality, to eradicate, and clean up that ghoulish mess.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Slavery by Hebert Logerie )
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
- How Juice From Fruit Is Produced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Once Indifference Is Shown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- empty without you, Liss March
- Synchronized Heartbeats, Jamal Brown
- New beginnings, Mary Bone
- If You Took The Time To Care, Ronell Warren Alman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns