Slavery is the biggest, the worst crime ever committed against humanity,
Slavery is where human Beings, Sons and Daughters of the Almighty,
Are mistreated in the worst unimaginable way by a system, ordinarily
By an oligarchy, which is very powerful, and who wears a light pigmentation.
Slavery gave birth to cruelty, racism, rape, greed and exploitation.
It is the most nefarious crime ever committed. Humiliation,
Punishment, lynching, even murders are the main ingredients;
Let’s abolish this foolishness; let’s stop this insidious slew of ignorance.
Mankind deserves better; human beings are worth more than that.
Shame on the ignorant geniuses who thought that the universe was flat.
Slavery is a disease, racism is a disease, and discrimination is a bad abscess.
We are all equally love by God; we are wildly loved by the divine Being.
Slavery is repulsive; slavery is a mortal sin. Let’s all rise up to ring
The bells of Equality, to eradicate, and clean up that ghoulish mess.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Slavery by Hebert Logerie )
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)