In the night of weariness
let me give myself up to sleep without struggle,
resting my trust upon thee.
Let me not force my flagging spirit into a poor preparation for thy worship.
It is thou who drawest the veil of night upon the tired eyes of the day
to renew its sight in a fresher gladness of awakening.
Rabindranath Tagore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleep by Rabindranath Tagore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Love Is, Cynthia McCoy
- Unlearning, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Pohon Awan (Indonesian), Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- #GivePeaceAChance, Romeo Della Valle
- The song said, george albot
- Gone, Maverick Jones
- old civilization, Aftab Alam
- Aunt Moon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Dune in eye, Nassy Fesharaki
- Loveless lass, Nalini Chaturvedi